Encroachment Permits

LDE issues encroachment permits for all work performed in the City’s right-of-way. Examples include: curb, gutter, sidewalk, driveways, sewer lateral repair and installation, and others. Any contractor performing work in the public right-of-way must have proper workers’ compensation and liability insurance on file with the City of Modesto. To submit an on-line application click here or questions send an email to encroachmentpermit@modestogov.com.  

Call 811